Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wicked: the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West









I bought my hubby Josh the audio version of this book for Christmas or should I say Hanukkah. Its about 18 cds long. I am on cd #14. The book is fantasy and its about the Wicked Witch of the West and how she becomes evil. Her name is Elphaba. The book is pretty good and it talks about politics in OZ, different tribes and of course romance. The vocabulary however is a little over my head and I don't have a dictionary readily available especially when I am driving down the Crescent City Connection bridge. For those who don't know where that is well it is the bridge that the NO evacuees tried to cross-during the storm and the Gretna police shot at them to go back to the Superdome or the Convention Center "shelter from Hell".. I digress. Good read and some adult content.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wondered what it's like listening to a book being read out to you while you're driving??

What's it like?? As opposed to actually reading?

And do people ever listen to these things when they're NOT in a vehicle??

11:53 AM

 
Blogger Nolatina said...

Well its no to bad actually. But forget trying to read directions and talking..to much info. Is fun if the reader is good with diff. characters voices

7:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home